HVLS Fan Applications - What to wear depends on where…
As I get out visiting customer sites, my wardrobe selection can be quite varied.
A suit and tie is generally in order if it is a visit to the headquarters of a large big box retailer or multi-site manufacturer.
Khakis and a sweater with a collared shirt is generally the attire for a visit to a clean distribution center or gymnasium.
Jeans and a company logo polo work best when it is a visit to an auto repair or municipal maintenance facility.
For sure it is jeans and rubber boots when visiting a dairy barn. I can tell you from experience the farmer knows you are just city slicker if you show up in dress shoes and pants. And boy does the dairy barn “atmosphere” linger on the drive home!
One of the benefits of the HVLS fan business is I get to learn about a whole bunch of different industries. In the process of educating a customer about the features and benefits of our fans I get an education on their business.
The point is anywhere there is a large space with people or livestock that need cooling in summer or heat in the winter, HVLS fans will make sense.
Here is a broad overview of the many different types of applications that can realize improved comfort, energy savings, and other benefits from installing these big fans -
- Warehousing and Distribution - includes locations where goods are stored and/or moved around, delivered and shipped, including the DC/wholesale part of retail, apparel companies and other entities regardless of their sic code (key benefits are comfort, energy and cost savings, increased productivity, and reduced product spoilage).
- Manufacturing/Assembly - includes factory locations where products are made by people regardless of industry sic code (e.g. ranging from boat manufacturers to high tech factories) (key benefits are comfort, energy and cost savings, increased productivity, and ventilation).
- Agricultural - dairy, farm, feed, and other food related production or processing situations (key fan benefits are being - human and animal - comfort, energy and cost savings, productivity increases, ventilation, and reduced spoilage from humidity and pests).
- Automotive and Consumer - includes auto dealers, repair, and service as well as sports complexes, retail stores, churches, and other locations where the general public may experience the benefits of HVLS fan capabilities (key benefits are comfort, energy and cost savings, and increased sales and productivity).
- Military and Major Airline Hangars, Terminals, and Aviation Repair Centers - many government, quasi-government, and commercial carriers opportunities (key benefits are comfort, energy and cost savings, ventilation, safety, and productivity).
- Municipal - includes DPW facilities, gymnasiums, and public transportation terminals (key benefits are comfort, energy and cost savings, ventilation, safety, and productivity).
The above is not meant to be a complete list but does show that HVLS fans make sense across so many different industries, limited only by one’s imagination.
The only problem I have is the need for an extensive wardrobe!
Peter Caruso | T 508-653-3500 | email@example.com | www.airmotionsciences.com